Plesse Castle is situated to the north of Göttingen in Germany, close to the village of Bovenden. The castle was transferred in 1015 from the private estate of Meinwerk, bishop of Paderborn to the city of Paderborn. Since 1150 it is the seat of the noble lords of Plesse, who named themselves for the castle. Holy Roman emperor Henry VI traded Plesse Castle in 1192 for Desenberg Castle close to Warburg in Westphalia, but the trade was already reverted in 1195.
Paderborn, Germany , we lived on the outskirts , when we first lived in Germany !
Jo Brand's Paderborn, Germany
Sehenswürdigkeiten in der paderborner Innenstadt
Golden Fields, Landkreis Paderborn, North Rhine-Westphalia, DE,
The chess-piece-style Dunguaire Castle was erected around 1520 by the O'Hynes clan and is in excellent condition following extensive restoration. www.lonelyplanet.com/ireland/county-galway/kinvara/sights/architecture/dunguaire-castle#ixzz3E3uYCTLj