Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji (Bhai Jaita Ji) Bhai Jiwan Singh (Bhai Jaita Ji) was born to mother Mata Premo Ji and father Bhai Sada Nand at Patna Sahib in the state of Bihar. The name of the child 'Jaita' was given by Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji himself.
6-12 ਪੋਹ (21-27 Dec) my guru sacrificed his family for the panth, for us. Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, Dhan Chaar Sahibzaade, Dhan Mata Gujri Ji, Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji, Dhan Guru Granth, Dhan Guru Panth #akaalsahai correction: the quote is by Allah Yar Khan Jogi
#SikhNet Let us close our eyes for a moment. It's December. We are probably wearing something warm. Our mom has taken out the big thick blankets for winter time. Now lets think about the Sahibzadey. They're sitting in Thanda Burj with our grandmother, Mata Gujri Ji. The cold wind is blowing and there's nothing protecting them from the elements. But, their faces glow as Mata Ji tells them sakhian about our grandfather, Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji.
#SikhArt Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur ji was previously known as Tyag Mal! Hind di chadar Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur ji was previously known as Tyag Mal. However upon displaying martial prowess on the battlefield, came to be known as Tegh Bahadur, at young age. Later he resigned to small house in Bakala, where he meditated until he was discovered by Makhan Shah, and took the Gurgaddi after Guru Hari krishan ji. Courtesy- SikhiArt
Mata Gujri-Mata Gujri was an illuminating force behind her husband Guru Tegh Bahadur and her son Guru Gobind Singh. After the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur, Mata Gujri guided and inspired her son Guru Gobind Singh. She was responsible for the training of the Sahibzadas (the four sons of Guru Gobind Singh) who gave up their lives for Sikhism at a young age. Mata Gujri was an inspiring force during one of the most difficult times in Sikh history.
#DidYouKnow #SikhShrines Gau Ghat Sahib- Sacred Shrine visited by Guru Nanak Dev Ji &Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Gurdwara Gau Ghat or Gurdwara Pahila Bara is a historical Sikh shrine situated at Alamganj Mohalla in Patna. This was Bhagat Jaitamal's house. It was sanctified first by Guru Nanak in 1509 A.D. and later by Guru Tegh Bahadur along with his family in 1666 A. D.