ARMANT PLANTATION, Vachere, Louisiana, St James Parish - land originally owned by Bayougoula Indians . 1740 Joseph Blanpain. Around 1800 Jean Baptist Armant. 1845 son J B Armant introduced largest sugar processing yet to be made. Before and after Civil War John Burnside owned and it was left in 1881 to Oliver Beirne, who sold it to William Miles. Home destroyed by fire in 1969. - Google Search
Terre Aux Lilas Plantation, the "sister" plantation of Ashland/Belle Helene Plantation. These plantations are considered twin plantations due to the similar appearance. It is believed Ashland/Belle Helene was built first by famed architect, James Gallier. It's design was then mimicked by a lesser known architect across the river, in the form of Terre Aux Lilas. This is one of the only surviving photographs of this plantation, courtesy of Dr. Robert Judice, owner of L'Hermitage Plantatation.
Chretien Point Plantation (ca. 1831) - near Sunset, St. Landry Parish, LA. The famous staircase in the movie “Gone With the Wind” where Scarlett O’Hara shoots a pillaging Union soldier was a replica of Chretian Point mansion stairway. M
Madewood Plantation back - Picture of Madewood Plantation, Napoleonville - Tripadvisor
Madewood Plantation, Napoleonville Picture: Madewood Plantation back - Check out Tripadvisor members' 10 candid photos and videos of Madewood Plantation