Pinterest

Erkunde Alt London, East London und noch mehr!

The "Characters of South East London" clock at the Riverdale Centre, Lewisham.  Long gone, sadly.  Image: transpont.blogspot.co.uk.

The "Characters of South East London" clock at the Riverdale Centre, Lewisham. Long gone, sadly. Image: transpont.blogspot.co.uk.

lewisham photo archives - Google Search

lewisham photo archives - Google Search

Peter Pan's Playground, Catford. 1954  Peter Pan's Playground was a permanent children's amusement park that's now occupied by Sainsburys Homebase on the junction of Bromley Road and Beckenham Hill Road. The mill pond in front of Homebase was known as Peter Pan's Pool.

Peter Pan's Playground, Catford. 1954 Peter Pan's Playground was a permanent children's amusement park that's now occupied by Sainsburys Homebase on the junction of Bromley Road and Beckenham Hill Road. The mill pond in front of Homebase was known as Peter Pan's Pool.

Lewisham High Street South East London England in 1968

Lewisham High Street South East London England in 1968

Aerial view of the Grove Park Hospital, Marvels Lane, Lewisham, south east London. The buildings, designed by T  J Norman Dinwiddy, were erected in 1899-1902 as a workhouse for the Greenwich Union. From 1914-1919, the site was used as a military hospital.

Aerial view of the Grove Park Hospital, Marvels Lane, Lewisham, south east London. The buildings, designed by T J Norman Dinwiddy, were erected in 1899-1902 as a workhouse for the Greenwich Union. From 1914-1919, the site was used as a military hospital.

London, Lewisham, Clock Tower 1900's.   Lewisham clock tower was erected to commemorate Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee of 1897.  The tower nearly survived a century in its original location, but was slightly moved in 1995 to fit in with the refashioning of the High Street and other main roads.

London, Lewisham, Clock Tower 1900's. Lewisham clock tower was erected to commemorate Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee of 1897. The tower nearly survived a century in its original location, but was slightly moved in 1995 to fit in with the refashioning of the High Street and other main roads.