St Andrew's East Church on Alexandra Parade. Dennistoun The big building is now flats, the smaller red roofed building to the left is now the church (and was the original church before the bigger building was built).
Glasgow City Chambers, looking east across George Square in 1955. The statue of the author Sir Walter Scott is perched on the tall column in the foreground. The Cenotaph, built in 1922 to commemorate the Glaswegians who died in the First World War, is located in opposite the entrance to the City Chambers (centre).